Aunt Martha’s crisis intervention team provides front-line crisis intervention for run-away, locked out, homeless and ungovernable youth. The team is on call 24 hours a day every day of the year. We conduct an immediate assessment of the facts leading to the crisis and decides whether the client can return home safely or be temporarily housed in a shelter.
If our assessment indicates the youth has been abused or neglected, we are required to contact the Department of Children and Family Services.
If the youth is in need of urgent psychiatric or substance abuse treatment because they are a danger to themselves or others, we make sure they get those services immediately.
If the youth is able to safely return home and family reunification is achieved, we will follow up with the youth and family, and create a care plan to ensure the youth remains stably housed with their family.
If family reunification is not immediately accomplished, we will make arrangements for a temporary placement for the youth. This can include:
- Placement with friends or relatives (if both the parents and youth agree to the arrangement);
- Placement in a licensed emergency shelter for minors;
- A “host home;” or,
- A temporary foster home
If family reunification is not possible, Aunt Martha’s crisis team will create a plan that includes establishing a safe, long term living arrangement for the youth.
Other services our crisis intervention team provides include:
- Counseling for youth and family;
- Access and coordination with substance abuse treatment or mental health treatment; and,
- Case management and linkages to other community resources to keep families intact
If You are Concerned About Your Safety or the Safety of a Youth
We encourage referrals from anyone is who concerned about themself, a friend, family member or student. The following people and organizations can make a referral to us by calling the numbers on this page:
- Other Providers
Contact Our Crisis Intervention Team
- In Cook County, call (708) 679-8100
- In Grundy County, call (815) 768-8750
- In Kane County, call (847) 608-4250
- In Kankakee County, call (815) 937-0100
- In Kendall County, call (815) 768-8750
- In Vermilion County, call (217) 446-1300
- In Will County, call (815) 768-8750
If you live in Bremen Township, please click here.
If you are unsure about which number to call, contact the statewide crisis hotline at (877) 870-2663.