February 2019 – former assistant United States attorney, Ricardo Meza will join the Aunt Martha’s team of leaders as Chief Strategy Officer. Fostered by his unique gamut of expertise in managing and directing high-level issues in a variety of areas including corporate, universities, non-profit, and public entities, Rick has been able to provide a broad range of strategic guidance to organizations such as Aunt Martha’s. Rick has even authored several publications on the topics of ethics and business insights as well as contributed to many editorials and interviews pertaining to complex and sensitive matters.
Rick is a graduate of John Marshall Law School, where he also received their Distinguished Service Award in 2012. Rick is also an active community member where he services or has served as follows:
- Northwestern Memorial Foundation, Board Member
- Chicago Inn of Courts, Master of the Bench
- Leadership Greater Chicago, 2007 Fellow
- Illinois State University Attorney Advisory Council
- Omni Youth Services, Board Member 2002-2010
- Chicago Health Connection, 2000-2008
Rick’s experience extends further:
- Illinois’ Executive Inspector General from 2010 to 2015, where he led an office covering hundreds of investigations related to waste, fraud and abuse.
- Midwest Regional Counsel for Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, where he led the office’s litigation and public policy matters.
- Argued in front of the U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Led Grand jury investigations.
- Served as Assistant United States Attorney where he prosecuted federal criminal violations.
- Worked with special agents from agencies including FBI, DEA, IRS, and U.S. Postal Inspection Service.
We look forward to the insights Rick will bring to our team and the benefits our entire organization will experience with his arrival.